Belle, Bill, and Maureen – from Don Hastings

| Alumni

Strange title, huh? These three names have much significance in my life. The first is the town where I grew up, the second is my father, and the third is my mother: all three significant because that's where my legacy began. My worldview began to take shape thanks to these three names.

However, there's another name that has shaped and is continuing to shape my family’s worldview: Trevecca Nazarene University. Trevecca plays a very important part in the life of my family. That’s why I am deeply honored to serve as the new president of the Trevecca Alumni Association.

While Trevecca is rated a Level 5 Research University, it is viewed as a regional, private university. This particular classification is quite significant. As a financial advisor, I am constantly watching trends, and the boys and girls on Wall Street say a regional, private university will struggle financially in the future.

So how does that relate to you and me as Trevecca alumni? Here’s how. We now find ourselves on the frontline for the University. It is our duty to talk about Trevecca, encourage potential and current students, provide prayer, create positive chatter, and of course, give financially as we can.

The message of Trevecca must continue to shape current and future students so that Trevecca can take its place in the HIStory of God’s kingdom. From Urban Farms to cutting edge research, Trevecca continues to shape sons and daughters He’ll be proud of.

So here’s my challenge to you. Talk about Trevecca to your children, grandchildren, and your circle of influence. Tell them there IS a difference between a local school and Trevecca. Bring them to Nashville, and let them experience the Thrill of the Hill.

I’ll see you at Homecoming this fall on November 7 and 8!

Daily striving to BE rather than to SEEM,

Don Hastings, President
Trevecca Alumni Association