Something to Think About - from Don Hastings

| Academics

When I was a student at Trevecca, there was a program on the radio sponsored by a local company—a funeral home, I believe—called “Something to Think About.” I always listened because of the catchy title, so today, I thought I’d borrow it myself.

Something to Think About:

1. Among the “50 Most Affordable Christian Colleges in the U.S.,” Trevecca Nazarene University was recently listed as #13. (Full list here.)
  2. Trevecca is ranked #15 among the fastest growing universities with doctoral programs. It’s nice when others recognize Trevecca’s attempt to make it affordable while also being academically strong.
  3. As alumni, all of us know that there is value at Trevecca that cannot be quantified.
  4. This year, Trevecca has set new enrollment records for both incoming freshmen and total traditional undergraduate students. (More here.)
  5. Parents will sacrifice, save money, and be inconvenienced to send their elementary children to a faith-based school through high school, but get this…
  6. 96% of evangelical Christians never think about sending their children to a Christian university.

Wait, what?

Does #6 seem as astonishing to you as it does to me? I'd say it's definitely something to think about.

“Children are a gift from the Lord;
They are a reward from Him.”
Psalm 127:3-4

May all who come behind us find us faithful.

Don Hastings, President
Trevecca Alumni Association