On the Road with TobyMac: Three Graduates Share About the Tour Experience

| Alumni

Kallie Otto, Allison Coordes and Clayton Lepley pose for a photo together.

As crew members on the recent TobyMac Hits Deep Tour, three 2020 Trevecca graduates found a practical application and a productive outlet for their training in the music industry. Each recounted the tour experience and their individual roles that helped make the tour a success.

Kallie Otto
Music Business degree

"I was on the TobyMac Hits Deep Tour 2022 as a tour assistant. I mainly assisted the tour manager and the tour accountant. My daily jobs included assigning dressing rooms for the tour personnel, setting up the offices for the day, tracking tour expenses and receipts, communicating with bus drivers on financial processes and handling comp tickets and guest lists, along with several other things. I also assisted with advancing off-day hotels and the check-in process on off days.

“The people on this tour made this experience very enjoyable. I built friendships and relationships and was truly welcomed into this tour family. The tour was an opportunity to learn and grow from a career standpoint too. I gained valuable experience that will help in my job as the tour assistant for Sam Hunt.”

Clayton Lepley
Music Business degree

“I was a lighting tech out on the Hits Deep Tour 2022. My main job every day was to help load in and get the lighting working and in the air. This was a great tour to be on; there were 90+ people on the road and it felt like a huge family. The tour was great from top down and I’d love to come back and do it again. It was also pretty cool having some fellow Trevecca grads on the road (go Trojans!). I’m not sure what’s next, but I’ve been in talks with a few different artists about going out on the road. For now, I’m enjoying a few days off!”

Allison Coordes
Worship Arts degree

“I work for Company X, is a merchandise company that designs and sells all the good stuff you see at concerts. I am a merchandise road representative, meaning I tour with the artists. I help keep track of inventory, train volunteers and supervise sales during the shows. While out with Hits Deep, I gained great experience on the road with an amazing tour family. There were highs and lows, but just like any real family we worked through our differences and got through some of the best and toughest shows together!