Academic Excellence: Dylan Green

Dylan Green Trevecca PhD blog

Dylan Green Trevecca PhD blog

Last May, Trevecca conferred more than 1,100 degrees. Among those graduates were five students in Trevecca’s Department of Science, Engineering and Mathematics who had already been accepted into doctoral programs at some of the top research institutions in the country. We're sharing more about each alumnus and their doctoral research.

Dylan Green
Ph.D. in mathematics
Dartmouth College

Dylan Green (’19) graduated from Trevecca this past May with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and physics. This fall, he started a mathematics doctoral program at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Jersey. The program typically takes five years to complete. Green will take qualifying exams during his first year and narrow down his research focus and select a research adviser in his second. During the last three years of the program, he’ll focus on his research, but also teach his own course during one of four terms each year.

After completing his doctorate, Green hopes to teach at the university level and continue his research. “Once I obtain my Ph.D.,” he said, “I hope to get a job teaching and doing research at a university where I am able to mentor students and motivate them in their studies like my professors at Trevecca did for me.” Green says his Trevecca professors prepared him well for his Ph.D. program. “[My professors] made sure I had a deep understanding of the material I was learning, and they helped me every step of the way in applying for summer research programs and doctoral programs,” he said. “They made themselves available whenever I had questions or concerns, and I could tell that they genuinely cared and wanted to see me succeed in my goal.”

A place for you at Trevecca

Develop your God-given gifts and discover your passion at a Christian university in the heart of Nashville. With over 100 academic programs and a 20:1 student-faculty ratio, you’ll find your place at Trevecca. Learn more about our undergraduate programs here.

trevecca.edu/undergraduate