Trevecca Blog

Remembering Jim Foglesong

Posted by Trevecca News on Jul 15, 2013 2:15:03 PM

Trevecca lost a beloved former professor when Jim Foglesong, the founding director of Trevecca’s Music Business Program, died Tuesday, July 9. Foglesong is known around the world as a Country Music Hall of Famer and groundbreaking music executive who signed Garth Brooks, George Strait, The Oak Ridge Boys and others. Below are just a few of the words shared on Facebook by the Trevecca community in remembrance of Jim.

Tammi Weed
I owe so much to James S. Foglesong. At first he was my professor, then he became my mentor and after I left Trevecca Nazarene University, he became my dear friend. He was the one who convinced my parents that Nashville was the place for me to be... He got me my first job in the music business and taught me much of what I know today. I'm deeply saddened by our loss but will be forever grateful to him and forever inspired by his legacy. Professor Foglesong, the honor was all mine...

Read More

Topics: Academics, music business, Nashville, News, Media, Miscellaneous, jim foglesong

Dave Matthews Band member Jeff Coffin and M’utet to appear at Trevecca

Posted by Trevecca News on Feb 21, 2013 8:42:08 AM

Read More

Topics: music business, Campus Events, Miscellaneous

God's Not Dead, or, What I Did This Summer

Posted by Dean Diehl on Aug 26, 2012 12:01:43 PM

Do you remember back in the day when your teacher would ask you to write a paper on what you had done that summer? I used to hate those assignments. What had seemed like wondrous moments of freedom, boundless joy, rest and relaxation always looked like a total waste of time when spelled out in plain black and white text. "I paddled my canoe around the cove"? Really? What a loser!

Read More

Topics: music business

Sign up for Email Updates

Recent Posts

Posts by Topic

see all