The Family Came Home to the Hill – from Don Hastings

| Alumni

The Trevecca Family traveled home to the Hill this month to enjoy the community who call themselves alumni and friends of Trevecca Nazarene University. As president of the Alumni Association, I attended many reunions throughout the weekend, and it was interesting to see all the “catching up” that was going on at these gatherings. One alumnus I spoke with graduated many years ago, and this was the first time he had been back on campus – the excitement he felt was infectious. With all the activities going on, it was definitely a non-stop weekend. Looking back, I’m so glad my parents gently nudged me to attend Trevecca – not only for the eternal friendships I have made here, but also for the quality education I received.

This coming year, the Alumni Association will be putting forth a concerted effort to plan gatherings in our region, mini-Homecomings of sorts. Since our board members are located in many areas around the country, they will be planning and coordinating these events alongside the Office of Alumni Relations. That being said, look for an event in your area, and even offer to help plan it if you’d like to get involved. Trevecca is in its greatest days, and the future is as bright as the Promises of God.

And whether you made it to Homecoming this year or not, go ahead and make plans to be there next year. You definitely won’t want to miss it!

May all who come behind us find us faithful.

Don Hastings, President
Trevecca Alumni Association