It’s Time to Say Thank You – from Mike Blankenship

| Alumni

PHOTO: Don Hastings ’69 (left), the new president of the Trevecca Alumni Association, receives congratulations from Mike Blankenship ’74 (right), out-going president of the Association.

Two words that express what’s in my heart: Thank you. Thank you, Trevecca, and Thank you, Trevecca alumni.

Since my freshman year, Trevecca has given me opportunities that I never dreamed would come my way. Administrators, faculty, staff, and fellow students believed in me then and helped me believe in myself. That outcome is part of the Trevecca synergy. Trevecca’s formula of expectations coupled with encouragement has brought out the best in my life and in the lives of many others through the years.

I am honored to be a Trevecca graduate (Class of 1976). Then six years ago, the Trevecca Alumni Association gave me another opportunity that I never dreamed would come my way. I was humbled to be elected as a ministerial representative to the Board of Trustees. Then two years later another opportunity: I was asked to serve as President of the Trevecca Alumni Association. During the last six years, I have been able to serve you at twelve Board of Trustee meetings, twelve Alumni Board meetings, and six graduations. I have been blessed to rub shoulders with so many persons who deeply care about Trevecca and its mission. During these six years, I have had the profound honor to welcome countless new graduates into Trevecca’s Alumni Association.

Now it is time for me to step aside as president of the Trevecca Alumni Association and turn over the presidential leadership role into the very capable hands of Don Hastings and the Trevecca Alumni Board. Trevecca will be well served by these visionary leaders. I know you will support Don and the alumni team as you supported me. Trevecca alumni will be blessed by their service.

Now I will join with you in praying for Trevecca and its mission. I will continue to pray for each of Trevecca’s graduates. I will continue to support Trevecca with my financial gifts to help new students have the chance that Trevecca gave to me. I will continue to tell the Trevecca story and thank God for her alumni. I will continue to be excited when I hear from one of you. Will you join me in continuing to support Trevecca? You make all the difference.

Thanks again for believing in a simple guy like me. I will always bleed Trevecca purple. It is an honor to have served you. Thank you!

Yours in Christ,

Michael B. Blankenship, Immediate Past President
Trevecca Alumni Association