Rain is headed our way, and Trevecca Nazarene University has made the decision to initiate the Inclement Weather Plan for tomorrow’s Commencement Convocation. We’re sure you have plenty of questions, so here are a few answers.
I’m graduating. Where am I supposed to go?
It’s all outlined in the Inclement Weather Plan, but to put it simply:
- Moore Gymnasium: Traditional Undergraduate, Graduate Religion, and Christian Ministry
- Trevecca Community Church, Courts: Graduate Education (MEd, MAT), Ed.D. (Education), Ed.S., and MOL
- Trevecca Community Church, Sanctuary: Physician Assistant, Graduate Counseling and Ph.D. (Counseling)
- Boone Convocation Center, Boone Business Building: MHR, Associate, General Studies, CIT, HCA, MSIDT (Instructional Design & Tech) and Graduate Business (MSM, MBA)
You need to be in line (make sure you know where!) and wearing your regalia by 8:20 a.m. So arrive early and enjoy the day!
I was planning to pick up my regalia and guest tickets before the ceremony tomorrow morning. Where do I get them?
Your graduate packet (which contains five guest tickets, your name card and other info) and regalia will be available for pick-up in the campus bookstore until 5 p.m. today, May 4. If you planned to pick everything up the day of Commencement, you need to go to two places:
- Tree of Life Bookstore: Pick up your regalia here prior to heading to your Commencement location.
- Your Commencement Location: Proceed to the venue where you will graduate and your five guest tickets, name card and other information will be available for you there in the welcome area or lobby.
I don’t have enough tickets for my entire family, and I don’t know what to tell them. What do I do?
Five guest tickets are provided to each graduate in their graduate packet. They are clearly marked as rain tickets and color coded for your location. Overflow viewing areas will be available in the Tarter Student Activity Center (TSAC) and Benson Auditorium. The ceremony from Moore Gymnasium will be streamed to those locations as well as every screen around campus. If your family members would prefer to watch the ceremony while sipping coffee at Nineteen|01 in the Center for Leadership, Calling and Service (CLCS), located across the street from Moore Gymnasium, they are welcome to!
Speaking of coffee, I’m going to need to get some tomorrow. Where will it be available?
Coffee will be available for purchase at Nineteen|01 in the CLCS from 7 a.m. until Commencement begins. Coffee, hot tea and bottled water will be available at the concession stands in Moore Gymnasium and at Trevecca Community Church and at Boone Convocation Center.
Where should I park?
Parking is available at various lots on campus. Go here to make the best parking plan for your Commencement venue. If you or your family ends up having to park far away from your Commencement location, shuttles will be available to get you where you need to be.
I want to go to the Alumni Reception immediately following the ceremony. Where will it be?
The Alumni Reception will be held in TSAC immediately following the ceremony. Graduates and their friends and family are invited to attend.We’ll update this page with more info as needed. Make sure to read the Inclement Weather Plan at www.trevecca.edu/rainplan.